Jonathan TylerJonathan Tyler & The Northern Lights
From the shadowy, shirtless, Indian headdress wearing figure on the cover of Pardon Me — the raucous ‘n’ wooing debut from Jonathan Tyler & The Northern Lights — to the nakedly lascivious groovers and panty loosening mid-tempo ballads inside, this band seems to know a thing or two about skin-to-skin communication. Their album has the flair and young hunger of early Black Crowes, Faces and other folks with killer riff instincts and an almost unhealthy love of rock. Toss in some of Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble’s blues bite and hip swing and it’s a pretty attractive package. Listen to Pardon Me here, and the band offers free live downloads here. Sensing he’d have a thing or two to say about the naughty things in his head, we invited Tyler to take our misbehaved survey.
- Favorite dirty word or expression?
- Dirt Star…Just google it
- One of the grossest things I’ve encountered while touring is…
- The maggot infestation that took over our last Chevy van.
- Besides sex and drugs and rock ‘n’ roll, what does a mind and body need?
- What else is there?
- A filthy song I love is…
- “Spiral Staircase” by Kings of Leon
- Groupie love – good, bad, scary or what?
- It’s always a combination of all three.
- Which would make you feel most unclean?
- Having your music used in a montage in a Kate Hudson/Sandra Bullock-style date movie
- Having it show up in the background of a celebrity sex tape
- Having it used to market erectile dysfunction medications
- I hate chick-flicks and date movies with a passion. So I’ll go with that one.
- One of my favorite dirty ass rock ‘n’ roll bands is…
- The Grease Band
[mp3 asins=B001J9EGPG title=”Favorite Dirty Song”]