Ryan MontbleauRyan Montbleau Band
The ladies flow like water through the songs of the Ryan Montbleau Band, a constant source of inspiration to their leader, even if sometimes they make him feeling like he’s drowning. They flit in & out of the tunes on Heavy On The Vine, the band’s quite charming new release, which slots in nicely next to the work of Jack Johnson, Donavon Frankenreiter and other contemporary purveyors of easy to like pop. However, one element that sets Montbleau apart from the pack is a dark wit that occasionally surfaces in his lyrics, sometimes prompted by the females of the species. With that in mind, we offer you a bit of Ryan’s Dirty mind.
- Favorite dirty word or expression?
- (no response)
- One of the grossest things I’ve encountered while touring isâ€¦
- The “lodging” at The Empty Glass in Charleston, West Virginia. At the time we stayed there, the old rug was black from years of filth, there was no running water, puke filled the bathroom sink, and you had to pee out the window onto a fire escapeâ€¦like everyone before you.
- Besides sex and drugs and rock ‘n’ roll, what does a mind and body need?
- Seriously? The body needs stretching, good food, and rest. And the mind needs to be observed.
- A filthy song I love isâ€¦
- “At A Medium Pace” by Adam Sandler
- Groupie love â€“ good, bad, scary or what?
- Depends. It’s been a while for me (I’ve had a serious girlfriend for a few years), but I always thought it was funny that no one ever, ever wants to be called a groupie. It can be scary if you cross a line you shouldn’t. Like, if you sign an autograph for someone, I wouldn’t go there. But if someone is on the level and you’re both safe and honest, giddyup.
- Which would make you feel most unclean?
- Having your music used in a montage in a Kate Hudson/Sandra Bullock-style date movie
- Having it show up in the background of a celebrity sex tape
- Having it used to market erectile dysfunction medications
- Used to market ED medications, unless I wrote the song specifically for that. But I havenâ€™t written my erectile dysfunction masterpiece as of yet. Maybe if I had some experience. Oh!
- One of my favorite dirty ass rock ‘n’ roll bands isâ€¦
- Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show
[mp3 asins=B00122FJME title=”Favorite Dirty Song”]