Sometimes death is a literal thing, ashes to ashes and all that, but sometimes one can seem fully animated while rot and decay marble the very core of them. Our final selection of tunes for 2010 dances between these two points, perhaps prodding those drawing breath to savor the air a bit more as the year draws to a close. Time really is precious and it matters how we while away the minutes we’re given. Worth thinking about and we hope we provided some nice soundtracks for your cogitating. See you next year for the second annual Deathcember…if we’re all still around that is.
Playback Advisory: When Manchester Orchestra’s “The River” fades out skip to the next track. It was too choice a tune not to include but it has an interminable false ending.
If you experience playback problems, pop over to the 8tracks mix page and it should play fine.
Deathcember IV Track Listing
- Boot Hill – Tom Brosseau
- Kill Me Now – The Chapin Sisters
- Hangman’s Waltz – Arnold
- Long Ride Home – Patty Griffin
- Hangman Hang My Shell On A Tree – Spooky Tooth
- A Heartache, A Shadow, A Lifetime – Dave Mason
- Tombstones & Cigarettes – Antler
- In Our Graves We’ll Be Together Face To Face
- The Funeral – Band of Horses
- The River – Manchester Orchestra
- No Remains – Paper Brain
- Dar Glasgow – Cheri Knight
- Buriedfed – Miles Benjamin Anthony Robinson
- He Vanished – Mark Mulcahy