A few thoughts about this trio of clips from Nicki Bluhm & The Gramblers, who happen to be the highest octane pop-Americana combo in Northern California (and most of the damn country) right now. Seriously, real classically grounded singer-songwriter, musician-oriented music ripe for the picking for anyone smitten with vintage Linda Ronstadt and other West Coast glories. So, our thoughts:
1. How is it an already ridiculously charismatic band can be this much more charming?
2. In the right hands ukulele and melodica are good things.
3. Their rendition of the Whitney Houston hit made us forget about her reality show craziness…momentarily.
4. Having no radio in a tour van can be hell, but it can also be a catalyst to creativity and fun.
5. We question your red-blooded humanity if you aren’t at least a little bit in love with Nicki.
6. Thanks for making us go back and listen to Anne Murray’s version of “Hey! Baby”.
7. Gregg Allman will feel instantly better if he hears your version of his ditty.
8. Is it okay if we send out a big smooch for all your foreheads, Gramblers, for making music this pure and sweet?
How Will I Know: