So much we take for solid simply isnâ€™t with treacherous potholes of truth waiting in the substrata as we stride blithely along. Dwelling on this fact can be paralyzing, so we throw bones and read tea leaves in the hopes of outsmarting Fate and Fortune. We wonâ€™t but itâ€™s worth rolling the dice anyway.
Each week for the next couple months, Dirty Impoundâ€™s weekly mix tape will feature a track from the cool new Why Pink Floyd? reissue series. The catalog has been remastered and repackaged in a way that shows real respect for one of the great rock groups. Our first selection is a snarling rocker from 1969â€™s soundtrack to the film More that leads into Wooden Shjips, a modern descendent of vintage Pink Floyd.
If you experience playback problems, pop over to the 8tracks mix page and it should play fine.
Poundings LXII Track Listing
- Desert Raven â€“ Jonathan Wilson
- Loose Ends â€“ Dan Fogelberg
- Reason â€“ Neal Casal
- Old Times Good Times â€“ Stephen Stills
- The Loneliness of a Middle Distance Runner â€“ Belle And Sebastian
- Tree On Wheels â€“ Drew Danburry
- Standing On The Surface of the Sun â€“ Rich Robinson
- Paper Allies â€“ Release The Sunbird
- Crystal Ball â€“ Kelley Stoltz
- A Chinese Actor â€“ Califone
- Ibiza Bar â€“ Pink Floyd
- Flight â€“ Wooden Shjips
- Anyway – Journey