The blues can drive a person to all sorts of things – drink, gambling, violence, and even the making of heathen rock ‘n’ roll. At the bottom of this aching impulse may be a desire to have nothing at all on our minds, some repose where we can squeeze some peace from what’s in our fruit basket. But how the hell do you accomplish that when even the lemons never forget?
Our Why Pink Floyd? selection this week comes from Wish You Were Here, a grinning indictment of the flies that circle once success comes. Hats off to Mr. Roy Harper for his lead vocal turn. Roger is wrong, he wouldn’t have sung it nearly as well.
If you experience playback problems, pop over to the 8tracks mix page and it should play fine.
Poundings LXIII Track Listing
- I Could’ve Had Religion – Rory Gallagher
- Thunderbird – Seasick Steve
- You Tell Me – Wendy James
- Mom And Dad – Middle Brother
- Have A Cigar – Pink Floyd
- Poker – Electric Light Orchestra
- Lemons Never Forget – Bee Gees
- The Devil Came From Kansas – Procol Harum
- Nothing On My Mind – Paul Kelly
- Pile Up – The Plimsouls
- Brand New Shotgun – Harding
- Moon Into The Sun – Wagons
- Far Away Eyes – The Rolling Stones