Deathcember, DI’s annual rumination on mortality and the end of things, comes to the end of its black road for 2011 with an assortment that reminds us that there’s lots of ways to die and not all of them end with us in the ground. We might die a little on a stage or in a bed next to someone who used to make us feel alive. Yes, we might go down on a battlefield or maybe, more insidiously, just fade away like a photograph left in the sun. However it happens it happens to us all, so we’d best get on with the business of living while we’ve got the time and breath.
If you experience playback problems, pop over to the 8tracks mix page and it should play fine.
Deathcember VIII Track Listing
- More Often Than Not – Eric Anderson
- The Home Stretch – Loudon Wainwright III
- Sinnerboy – Rory Gallagher
- On The Road To Charlie Parker – Anders Osborne
- Decoration Day – John Lee Hooker
- The White Lady Loves You More – Elliott Smith
- Happiness – Grant Lee Buffalo
- Fallen Peaches – The Handsome Family
- Beloved, We Have Expired – Samantha Crain
- Boxes Done Buried – God’s Revolver
- Is That Blood – Radar Brothers
- Lovers Play Dead – Drink Up Buttercup
- Your Long Journey – Robert Plant & Alison Krauss