DIâ€™s August salute to road songs and travel hymns heads towards home in our final installment, which includes two Neil Young tunes (one a swell cover), a rockinâ€™ Arlo Guthrie number about running drugs, Kenny Rogers when he used to roast more than chickens, and a skipping Allen Toussaint produced exit tune from The Pointer Sistersâ€™ early days. Been a pleasure helping soundtrack your journeys in August. Weâ€™ll have to do this again sometime.
Listen to this mix here.
Track listing below.
Now, you can listen to 8tracks mixes on your iPhone. Pick up the app here.
Another Road Song IV Track Listing
- To Go Home â€“ M. Ward
- Road 92 â€“ Jonathan Wilson
- Roll Another Number (For The Road) â€“ Neil Young
- 40 East â€“ The Avett Brothers
- The Carolinian â€“ Chatham County Line
- Travelinâ€™ Light â€“ Todd Snider
- Coming Into Los Angeles â€“ Arlo Guthrie
- Statesboro Blues â€“ The Youngbloods
- Tulsa Turnaround â€“ Kenny Rogers and the First Edition
- Likety Split â€“ Devendra Banhart
- Slow Movinâ€™ â€“ Dan Hicks and His Hot Licks
- Out On The Weekend â€“ Girls In Hawaii
- Winding Roads â€“ Alfie
- Train Song â€“ Vashti Bunyan
- Wings of Speed â€“ Paul Weller
- Seems Like Home To Me â€“ Two Gallants
- Side With The Seeds â€“ Wilco
- Where Do We Go From Here â€“ Grant Lee Buffalo
- I Am A Lonesome Fugitive â€“ Roy Buchanan
- Naked Foot â€“ The Pointer Sisters